Social Media & Marketing Assistant
Quirk Social offices inside The Social Spot Marketplace
(218 1st Street West, Cochrane, AB)
Contract Position (Mat Leave) – June 15, 2023 – January 15, 2025
Part-time (20-25 hours per week)
STARTING WAGE : Based on applicants qualifications and skill set
Quirk Social is a multifaceted, female-owned, small business based in Cochrane, AB. We produce large scale community events, offer social media management and operate The Social Spot Marketplace, a retail store full of locally made & inspired goods. We are deeply rooted in our community and value the connections we continue to build.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the CEO, the Social Media & Marketing Assistant position is primarily responsible for supporting marketing efforts for our events and storefront, as well as managing clients’ social media accounts. This role’s main goal is to support the current client workload, while engaging in the growth of the business and onboarding new clients.
Though this position is coverage for a maternity leave, there may be an opportunity to extend into a permanent position at the contract end.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
– Create content including writing copy, creating graphics, manipulating video/photo content.
– Manage social media accounts including creating content calendars, scheduling and engagement.
– Create and deliver analytic reports.
– Build and foster relationships with current & potential clients.
– Facilitate the onboarding of new clients.
– Keep your finger on the pulse of social media trends & best practices.
– Represent both ours & our client’s companies in a professional manner, while maintaining brand integrity.
– Create and distribute marketing pieces for events, ensuring proper sponsorship recognition where required.
– Facilitate social media workshops for small business owners, alongside the CEO
– Previous marketing experience and/or education is an asset.
– Thorough understanding of social media platforms, including backend systems.
– Previous experience managing social media accounts, including creating Reels.
– Computer proficient – familiarity & experience with Google Docs/Sheets (Microsoft Office), Canva, Business Suite, Mailchimp and Asana ideal.
– Detail oriented, fast learner, ability to multitask with strong organizational skills
– Artistic eye and strong creative writing & English skills.
– Strong videography/photography skills.
– Ambitious attitude with a desire to learn and grow in the position.
Please send your resume along with an email briefly detailing your remuneration expectations, availability, experience (including links to social accounts you’ve managed, if applicable) and why you think you’d be a good fit for this opportunity to Kailey Mitchell, CEO – firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social Media & Marketing Assistant” in the subject line.